"Step into my parlor," said the spider to the fly.

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Shazam!

Some days I think I'm clever.

Really clever, you know? A roll of duct tape and a few paperclips and I could fix the supercollider or balance the national budget. Today I figured out blogspot...yesterday it was salvaging a broken zipper...last week, superglue and a pair of tweezers rescued my lipstick. Clever.

I smile to myself and wonder if anyone else notices these moments of insight and bursts of self-proclaimed brilliance. Anyone? Friends? Kids? Dog?

...God?



Maybe God notices.

There's no paparazzi or newsfeed to broadcast my occasional cleverness. No magazine or tabloid that knows of my existence and contributions to the world in general, but I walk around with my chest all puffed out, cocky and assured that I've impressed someone other than my own reflection...then my kids ask when I'm going to buy some more milk and wash the socks.

Exhale...shrug.

Can I get the milk and do the laundry in some spectacular fashion that involves 'oohs' and 'ahs' and other murmurs of amazement? Probably not.

I'm not that clever.

3 comments:

  1. Trying to comment from my phone because my internet is out :( any way, here it goes "People only notice the milk and laundry when it stops happening :) "

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too true, Kathi-Ann!

    Thank you for being my first commentor!! :)

    ReplyDelete